Monday, April 22, 2013

If you could cure ONE disease what would it be? Assignment

Many of us know friends and/or family with a disease or illness that is life threatening. Your job is to become an expert about that disease (or a different one of your choice) and write a post (AT YOUR BLOG SITE) that includes five or more facts about the disease and 1 or more things the reader could do to increase awareness, support a cure, or help individuals afflicted with the disease.  If you are having trouble deciding which disease you would like to learn more about, talk to family and friends and look at kidshealth for their comprehensive list. The post below is about ALS, a disease my brother is living with. If I could cure ONE disease it would be ALS.

10 comments:

  1. If I could cure one disease it would be all cancer, because my aunts have all had it my mom was lucky, I was named after my aunt Kellie that had cancer and died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would cure the disease known as: The-Inability-To-Cure-All-Diseases
    So that would mean that after this notorious disease was cured, then all other diseases could be cured as well, especially ALS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw i would cure dwarfism because then people would be able to be just as tall as the other person! yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would cure sickle cell anemia because i could of saved my cousins life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of one I would want to cure.
    none of my close family has any thing really bad.
    but syndromes are a completely different subject.
    me and my dad both have ADHD and it's really annoying most of the time, and sometimes extremely embarrassing. Imagine seeing someone walk into a store, grunting, rolling their head around, and excessively cursing, now imagine that that's you, 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but you dont do that. but yea, curing ADHD would b pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 facts about sickle cell anemia.

    1. Sickle cell disease is the most common genetic disorder in the United States.
    2. People are born with sickle cell disease; it does not develop in adulthood, and it is not contagious.
    3. Sickle cell disease is chronic but treatable and is not a death sentence.
    4. Sickle cell disease affects people of many different races.
    5. Patients with sickle cell disease require comprehensive care.

    ReplyDelete